Vacancies within our finance and IT department.
The person we are looking for won’t have all the technical experience listed below but must tick at least some of the boxes. As a start point they must have a passion for Open Source Software and all things Linux. Past exposure to some of the following will be needed:
- SQL database administration;
- Git version control;
- Setting up and administering Linux servers, workstations and laptops;
- Use of static website generation tools such as Hugo, Netlify;
- DevOps automation using Ansible.
An enquiring mind, the ability to learn and an outward looking, service-focused approach to working with colleagues are important attributes for this role.
The job holder will have the following day to day responsibilities:
- Contribute to improvement and development of the open source uzERP enterprise resource planning system (https://github.com/uzerpllp/uzerp);
- System Administration of Linux Servers, Workstations and Laptops in an office/factory environment;
- Network, wifi and telephone system management;
- General IT support and problem solving for non-technical users.
In addition, there are current projects aimed at improving our systems in the following areas:
- Shop floor time booking - implement a new system to integrate with uzERP enterprise resource planning system;
- On-line presence - integration of web sales into uzERP;
- Backup and system resilience - a complete review of data security and disaster recovery needs to be undertaken in Q4 2020;
- Work from home (WFH) - move towards a ‘cloud’ based environment to support WFH for office staff where required. This process has already started but needs to be accelerated over the next 6 months;
Note: Please send any emails in plain text (not HTML) with CV attachments in PDF format. Emails in any other format, with editable documents (especially in docx format) will be rejected by our email system.
If you are interested in any of the jobs listed, please contact us using the details below.
- Postal Address: Severn Delta Limited, Showground Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 6AJ
- Telephone (main switchboard): 01278 428200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org